The Right Provider
Justin Craig Education specialises in small group revision and has a proven approach of offering revision and tuition courses since 1981 and more recently online courses. We offer a high standard and something different to our competitors:
- Our tutors are qualified teachers with many years of experience teaching in schools. Unlike many of our competitors, we do not use university students as tutors.
- We use a Quality Management System by measuring, monitoring and managing the performance of our tutors. In this way we ensure we employ the very best tutors.
- We take student safeguarding very seriously by requiring all our tutors to have a current enhanced DBS (CRB) check every three years. This is a higher standard than that used in schools whereas many of our competitors either don’t require a DBS check or, if a qualified teacher, they rely on old checks provided by the tutor’s school.
You should think about what quality standards are essential to you, when selecting a education provider.
Small Group Revision or Tuition is a legitimate use of Pupil Premium funding and the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) toolkit lists it as one of the most effective ways to help disadvantaged children achieve better grades, the smaller the group the better.
The Right Course Format
We can run courses at your school (In-house/In-school courses) or your students can join our timetabled courses.
Timetabled Justin Craig Courses
- We have courses timetabled over all the main school holiday periods including half-terms. They are held at one of our twenty centres or online. The daily cost per student can work out to be more cost- effective than the in-house option, as they are open to students from across the country.
- Courses are usually four days in length, allowing the tutor to cater for each student’s individual learning needs. Students are given access to a secure portal to outline the topics they would like to focus on.
- Groups of more than four students would be allocated their own exclusive class.
- Maximum class size is nine students in class (eight students online), but can be less depending upon the subject.
- In-house courses are specific to your school and are designed to focus on your particular learning needs.
- The course length is a minimum of one day and they can be held online or at your school’s premises.
- Courses of two days or more with the same students allow the learning needs of each individual student to be addressed in addition to the group topics.
The Right Course Length
|Depth of Revision/Tuition
|Course Length (days)
|Specific paper or range of topics
|A range of topics and individual learning needs
|Most of the key topics on the syllabus and individual learning needs
The length of the course is also an important consideration as it determines the extent and depth of the revision session.
The more complex the revision aim, the more comprehensive revision option is needed i.e. more days and/or less students per class.
Courses can be structured on specific topics, specific papers, and on individual student learning needs (on courses over two days in length) as well as topic areas that are known to cause students difficulty.
We recommend courses of at least two days in length (even if on separate weekends) so that we can address the individual learning needs of each student and have a greater impact on the grades they are hoping to achieve.
For More Information
If you would like to discuss your requirements or simply would like a quote, please call us on 01727 744340 or email [email protected]