Geography A Level Course Outline
The Justin Craig Education A Level Geography courses are board-specific.
We offer the following courses:
- Year 1 A Level Geography revision (also suitable for AS students)
- Year 2 A Level Geography revision (covers the entire two year syllabus)
The course will cover a range of topics selected from the list below, focussed largely on those topics identified by students on their portal. This means that the range of content covered on each course will vary according to course length and the students’ preferences.
- Water and carbon cycles
- Hot desert systems and landscapes
- Coastal systems and landscapes
- Glacial systems and landscapes
- Plate tectonics, volcanic and seismic hazards
- Ecosystems under stress
- Global systems and global governance
- Places (including changing places, attachment, social inequalities, regeneration)
- Contemporary urban environments (including urbanisation, environmental impact, sustainable development)
- Population and the environment
- Resource security (including water, energy and mineral security)
There may also be the opportunity to cover additional areas of geography such as chosen options.
Each revision course involves a small group of no more than nine students, allowing ideas to be shared effectively and giving everyone the chance to raise questions with the expert tutor. The course is tailored to fit the specific needs of the students and structured by the tutor to provide a logical sequence of topics and allow a good balance of content, skills and exam practice.
All our tutors are experienced and qualified teachers, and most are examiners, which means they have an excellent insight into what the exams actually ask of students. Chosen for their enthusiasm and empathy, they also have an in-depth knowledge of the entire subject area.