Economics A Level Course Outline
The Justin Craig Education A Level Economics courses are board-specific. We offer the following courses:
- Year 1 A level Economics (also suitable for AS students)
- Year 2 A level Economics (covering the entire two years of the syllabus)
The course will cover a core range of topics selected from the list below, focussed largely on those topics identified by students on their portal. This means that the range of content covered on each course will vary according to course length and the students’ preferences.
Individuals, Firms and Markets
- Economic methodology
- Price determination
- Revenues, costs and profit
- Market structures (competitive and concentrated markets)
- The labour market
- Distribution of income and wealth
- The market mechanism, market failure and government intervention
The UK and International Economy
- Measurement of macroeconomic performance
- How the macroeconomy works
- Economic performance (growth and poverty)
- Emerging and developing economies
- Financial sector and monetary policy
- Fiscal policy
- The international policy
Each revision course involves a small group of no more than nine students, allowing ideas to be shared effectively and giving everyone the chance to raise questions with the expert tutor. The course is tailored to fit the specific needs of the students and structured by the tutor to provide a logical sequence of topics and allow a good balance of content, skills and exam practice.
All our tutors are experienced and qualified teachers, and most are examiners, which means they have an excellent insight into what the exams actually ask of students. Chosen for their enthusiasm and empathy, they also have an in-depth knowledge of the entire subject area.