Maths A Level Course Outline
With the Maths specifications undergoing reform we are offering revision courses based on the new specification for AS and Year 1 A Level students and the unreformed specification for resit AS students. We are offering revision courses the existing, unreformed specification for Year 2 A Level students. The following courses are available:
A Level Year 1 and AS
- New specification course on Pure Mathematics, Statistics and Mechanics
- Unreformed specification resit course on Core Mathematics and Statistics
A Level Year 2
- Core Maths (C3 and C4) course
- Core Mathematics (C3 and C4) and Statistics (S1) course
- Core Mathematics (C3 and C4) and Mechanics (M1) course
- Core Mathematics (C3 and C4) and Decision (D1) course
- Further Mathematics (FP1 and FP2) course
Each course will cover a core range of topics selected from the list below, focussed largely on those topics identified by students on their portal. This means that the range of content covered on each course will vary according to course length and the students’ preferences.
- Algebra and functions
- Coordinate geometry
- Sequences and series
- Exponentials and logarithms
- Statistical sampling
- Data presentation and interpretation
- Statistical distributions
- Statistical hypothesis testing
- Quantities and units in mechanics
- Forces and Newton’s laws
Each revision course involves a small group of no more than nine students, allowing ideas to be shared effectively and giving everyone the chance to raise questions with the expert tutor. The course is tailored to fit the specific needs of the students and structured by the tutor to provide a logical sequence of topics and allow a good balance of content, skills and exam practice.
All our tutors are experienced and qualified teachers and most are examiners, which means they have an excellent insight into what the exams actually ask of students. Chosen for their enthusiasm and empathy, they also have an in-depth knowledge of the entire subject area.