A Level Physics Revision Courses and Tuition
Physics A Level Course Outline
The majority of Justin Craig Education A Level Physics courses are board-specific.
Our A Level Physics revision course will cover a core range of topics selected from the list below, focussed largely on the topics identified by students on their portal. This means that the range of content covered on each course will vary according to course length and the students’ preferences.
Year 1 A Level Course Topics (also suitable for AS students)
- Nuclear and particle physics (inc. photoelectric effect, quarks)
- Waves (inc. refraction, diffraction, interference)
- Forces and motion (inc. energy, momentum, Young’s modulus)
- Electricity (inc. resistivity, circuits, electromotive force)
Year 2 A Level Course Topics (also covers the Year 1 A Level topics above)
- Further mechanics (inc. periodic motion, forced vibrations, resonance)
- Thermal physics (inc. thermal energy transfer, molecular kinetic energy model)
- Fields (inc. gravitational fields, electric fields, magnetic fields)
- Nuclear physics (inc. radioactivity, nuclear instability, induced fission)
There may also be the opportunity to cover additional areas of A Level Physics such as chosen options.
Each revision course involves a small group of no more than nine students, allowing ideas to be shared effectively and giving everyone the chance to raise questions with the expert tutor. We take into consideration a wide range of exam boards when putting on our A Level Physics revision courses together, including AQA, OCR and EdExcel. The course is tailored to fit the specific needs of the students and structured by the tutor to provide a logical sequence of topics and allow a good balance of content, skills and exam practice.
All our tutors are qualified and experienced teachers and most are examiners, which means they have an excellent insight into what the exams actually ask of students. Chosen for their enthusiasm and empathy, they also have an in-depth knowledge of the entire subject area.