|From the start it has been the theatre’s business to entertain people … it needs no other passport than fun.|
What does the course cover?
We’ll help you to:
- Improve your essay writing technique
- Understand specialist terminology
- Get comfortable with design elements and sketches
- Build your knowledge of how theatrical spaces work
- Generate your own interpretations of the plays
What exam knowledge does it teach?
We’ll give you specific advice in key areas to help with your A Level Drama and Theatre studies course. The exact topics will be chosen according to your needs, but we often cover these areas:
- Understanding what questions are really asking you to do
- Staying focused on the questions
- Analysing and researching before the exam
- Referencing authors and directors in your answers
- Improving your confidence in essay writing
- Planning your question answers before jumping right in
- Communicating how structure, form, style and genre contribute to performance
- Referring to directors’ intentions appropriately
You will be given every opportunity to ask your A Level Drama and Theatre studies revision tutor questions, and we will review past papers and offer rapid feedback. We do not let students do past papers without providing guidance and feedback.
We use a variety of learning techniques so you can benefit no matter what your learning style.
How to get more information and book
Because we tailor each course to fit the needs of the students on that course, there is no standard lesson plan. The information on this page is a guide only.
If you would like more information about an A Level Drama & Theatre studies revision course, call us now on 01727 744340. We’ll be happy to discuss the options and find a course that fits your requirements.