A Level Biology Revision Courses and Tuition
Biology A Level Course Outline
The majority of Justin Craig Education A Level Biology courses are board-specific.
Our A Level Biology revision course will cover a core range of topics selected from the list below, focussed largely on the topics identified by students on their portal. This means that the range of content covered on each course will vary according to course length and the students preferences.
Year 1 A Level Biology Topics (also suitable for AS students)
- Cells and Molecules (e.g. proteins, mitosis, enzymes, membranes)
- Disease (e.g. viruses, heart disease)
- Human Systems (e.g. blood circulation, respiratory system)
- Plant Biology (e.g. phloem detail, plant transport)
- Evolution, DNA and Ecosystems (e.g. biodiversity, selection and evolution)
Year 2 A Level Biology Topics (also covers the Year 1 A Level topics above)
- Cells and Molecules (e.g. mutation, stem cells)
- Disease (e.g. cancer, antibiotics, bacterial growth)
- Human systems (e.g. hormones, nervous system)
- Plant biology (e.g. ecosystems, phytochromes)
- Evolution, DNA and Ecosystems (e.g. ecosystems, genetic engineering)
- Energy (e.g. respiration, photosynthesis)
Each revision course involves a small group of no more than nine students, allowing ideas to be shared effectively and giving everyone the chance to raise questions with the expert tutor. We take into consideration a wide range of exam boards when putting our A Level Biology courses together, including AQA, OCR and EdExcel. The course is tailored to fit the specific needs of the students and structured by the tutor to provide a logical sequence of topics and allow a good balance of content, skills and exam practice.
All our tutors are qualified and experienced teachers and most are examiners, which means they have an excellent insight into what the exams actually ask of students. Chosen for their enthusiasm and empathy, they also have an in-depth knowledge of the entire subject area.