Business A Level Course Outline
The Justin Craig Education A Level Business revision courses are board-specific.
The course will cover a core range of topics selected from the list below, focussed largely on the topics identified by students on their portal. This means that the range of content covered on each course will vary according to course length and the students’ preferences.
Year 1 A Level Course (also suitable for AS students)
- The nature of business
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Market performance (customer needs, the market, marketing decisions)
- Operational performance (efficiency, productivity, quality)
- Financial planning and performance
- Human resources (organisational design, human resource objectives, motivation, leadership)
Year 2 A Level Course (also covers the Year 1 A Level topics above)
- Strategic analysis (business objectives, assessing performance and competitiveness)
- Strategic direction (Ansoff matrix, Porter’s strategies, Bowan’s strategic clock)
- Business growth (innovation, globalisation/internationalisation)
- Managing strategic change
Each revision course involves a small group of no more than nine students, allowing ideas to be shared effectively and giving everyone the chance to raise questions with the expert tutor. The course is tailored to fit the specific needs of the students and structured by the tutor to provide a logical sequence of topics and allow a good balance of content, skills and exam practice.
All our tutors are experienced and qualified teachers and most are examiners, which means they have an excellent insight into what the exams actually ask of students. Chosen for their enthusiasm and empathy, they also have an in-depth knowledge of the entire subject area.