Confidently prepare for GCSE and iGCSE chemistry exams with help from a Justin Craig revision course. At carefully selected centres around the UK, we offer the following choice of courses:
- Separate (Triple) GCSE Chemistry and /iGCSE Chemistry revision
- Combined Science GCSE Chemistry and iGCSE Chemistry revision
Our revision sessions are largely focussed on the topics that individual students are struggling with, in the following specific areas:
- Atomic structure and the periodic table
- Chemical bonding (inc. ionic, covalent)
- Quantitative chemistry (inc. mass, concentration)
- Chemical reactions and change (inc.salts, acids, catalysts, exothermic)
- Organic chemistry (inc. hydrocarbons, alkanes, polymers)
- Chemical analysis (inc. chromatography, spectroscopy)
- Extraction of metals (inc. redox, oxidation, equilibrium)
- Earth science (inc. fuel cells, atmospheric science, climate change)
- Earth’s resources and sustainability (inc. recycling, Haber process)
Courses consist of small groups of up to nine students, allowing for group work and individual attention for each student. Group work can be more effective than individual tuition, because it encourages students to discuss key concepts, share ideas and learn from their peers. Every student is given adequate opportunity to raise and discuss their specific queries, ensuring they receive the assistance they need to fulfil their potential in the exams, helping students identify areas in which their subject knowledge or understanding needs increasing.
Our GCSE and iGCSE chemistry revision courses are tailored to meet the specific needs of the students in each group, with materials to address knowledge gaps and queries. All our tutors are experienced and qualified GCSE/iGCSE chemistry teachers and most are also chemistry examiners, giving them an excellent insight into what the exams demand of students.
Building on their previous work and learning, we make sure they have an excellent understanding of core chemistry concepts and ideas via a number of different activities. These can include:
- Past papers: students may work through previous GCSE or iGCSE chemistry papers, both independently and as part of the revision group.
- Descriptive sessions: students study chemistry resources and then discuss and describe topics in full.
- Teacher’s notes: if students require grounding in fundamental areas of GCSE chemistry, the tutor may present a subject in full.
- Full teaching: this mix of stimulating group discussion and teaching is an excellent way to consolidate and expand knowledge.
Our revision courses also help students cope with the pressure of actually sitting their chemistry exams. Our expert tutors help students understand the different types of questions and explain practical strategies to cope with exam-day pressures – all ensuring they can focus on getting questions right swiftly, and moving on.