How Our Courses Work
Our revision courses put students first. You might think that goes without saying, but actually, many courses and tutors out there follow a standard structure – regardless of the needs of the students actually taking the course.
How we differ:
- We make sure the revision course content is highly relevant. We ask students what they want us to cover before the course, then tailor it to fit their needs, while seeking out the weaker areas students aren't perhaps aware of.
- We help students turn knowledge into good exam answers. Our revision courses incorporate exam practice and practical advice.
- We are careful to choose revision tutors who have a detailed knowledge of the revision subject, and of the exam material. This allows us to take what we call a ‘topic-led’ approach, focusing on key material and explaining how to express that material when confronted with different kinds of exam question.
How we make revision easier
|Why is revision hard?||How Justin Craig can help|
|It’s hard to revise alone, without help to call on||We provide a fresh perspective from a new tutor and an empathic peer group|
|A lack of progress can lead to a loss of motivation||We create a stimulating, inspiring working environment|
|There’s no structure, or an unrealistic timetable||Our small, informal groups offer just the right amount of study time with our expert tutors|
|It’s difficult to know that your revision approach is right||We teach revision techniques and offer one-on-on support when required|
|There are far too many distractions about||There is no social media and mobile phones during our revision courses|
|Students often tend to focus on the wrong bits of subjects||We emphasise topics which come up frequently|
Revision course structure
Although individual student requirements play a big part in determining how each revision course is structured, we also shape courses differently depending on which subject we’re covering:
- Science and maths require more fact-based learning, so we break subjects down into small topics and use traditional teaching methods to tackle them. Students then get lots of practice with past papers.
- Essay response subjects often cause time management problems when students spend too long on one question. So we focus on planning and presenting information in a logical essay, and on building writing skills.
- Data response subjects test whether a student can interpret data that is given to them. We work closely with students to help them create skills and strategies to select and use data appropriately.
- Languages let students impress examiners in an oral exam. But that takes confidence – so students practice their speaking and listening with us, in groups and individually, both in the progress of the sessions and by using recorded material and transcripts.
The thought of resits can be daunting for any student, often causing a lot of stress and worry for students and their families. However, it is not necessary to go through this challenging time alone. Justin Craig Revision Courses are a brilliant way to get constructive input on the subjects and topics that students find most difficult.
For more information on Justin Craig group tuition and revision, please speak to one of our expert advisors by calling 0845 322 8820.
(Please note our courses have an upper age limit of 19. This allows the best working environment for our students.)